Catawba County Schools has partnered with the 1Million Project to provide hotspots for students (age 13 and above) in need of Internet Access. We currently have a limited number of these hotspots and can only provide to those students who do not have Internet access or do not have reliable access.
First Time Use
- Write down the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and Wi-Fi Password on the label inside the back cover of the device for use during setup. If the label is missing:
- The default Wi-Fi name (SSID) will be "Coolpad Surf + the last 4 digits of IMEI".
- The default Wi-Fi password is the last 8 digits of the device IMEI.
- Ensure the battery and SIM card are inserted.
- Hold the Power key for 3 seconds until all LED indicators illuminate in blue.
- Connect your Wi-Fi device to your Mobile Hotspot.
- On your computer or other Wi-Fi enabled device, search for available Wi-Fi networks and select network name (SSID) located inside the back panel of your mobile hotspot.